2009年8月31日星期一

Project One: Experience Enrichment




Wood chopping board & Plastic holder






My product is a wood chopping board and plastic holder. My force is practicality of my product. Basie on durability, for material, the chopping board I choose wood and the holder is plastic. Usually, we always put things in to another dishes when we finish cutting. My product solves this problem convenient. The consumer can put food into the containers at the other side of chopping board when they finish cutting. Also, the five containers can be take off and separate that easier to use and wash. As a design product, I always think about its appearance. I have change the shape of the chopping board a lot that I think about use less space. For the containers part, I use arc line here to make the holder not boring and have more space for food. As well as, operation for the chopping board must be simple.

For the physical pleasure I think thing in kitchen must practical and convenience. For the social pleasure, most consumers are housewives. They do not want a boring life style. They want to have a convenience life and cooking is an expression time for them. The phycho– pleasure, consumers are center of my design. It can be happy, satisfied, a sense of success etc. The good product can make people feel life is colourful. The Ideo-Pleasure is a kind of personal values. For my chopping board and holder, the materials need to be environment or sustainable living.
PEER COMMENTS

6 条评论:

  1. I liked the idea behind this. Many a time when preparing meals I wish I didn't have to waste cups or dishes to set aside ingredients. The little containers in this design solves that problem.

    One with I would say needs improving is the colour choice. It's a little bland looking at the moment. It reminds me of one some kind of activity item you are meant to colour in yourself. The little containers could do with some colour to individuate themselves.

    回复删除
  2. This is a really great concept. As you are often chopping many different herbs or similar and have no where fitting to put them other than getting another bowl. The issue of space is a common problem in small kitchen and this helps to solve that problem.

    I agree with Nicholas that the colour is a bit anemic and bland. But this is easily solves. Perhaps the containers could be different colours like the chopping boards for meat, chicken and vegetables.

    回复删除
  3. Your product looks great! I appreciate the shape of your chop board – the combination of traditional chop board and plate and the way your containers arranged. I just wonder whether the seasonings can be easily spilt out when the containers need to be taken out.

    回复删除
  4. The idea is clever because the moveable small containers can help a lot when cooking.The whole design looks neat and suitable to housewifes who want their kitchen clean and neat. My concern is that the chopping board may be not convenient for users to take out from the plastic support. And the board may mould if the support is wet.

    回复删除
  5. The concept behind this design is good, a chopping board that has containers within the design that allows the user to slide their cut foodstuffs into them after they've been cut up.

    However, I find that because the board isn't raised above the containers putting your chopped ingredients into the containers would prove slightly difficult. Also if the chopping board could be removed it would be an added extra seeing as cutting meats on the same board as vegetables and fruits is not ideal.

    回复删除
  6. This is a good concept and a great idea for space saving, and a helpful design for aspiring cooks. However the ability to clean the board seperated from the containers would be very useful.

    回复删除